tcgygi

Default printing custom size envelopes

When I try to print an envelope other than the standard size #10, the
receiver's name and address are printed at the far right end of the envelope
and only half of it is there.
I tried a full size sheet of paper, telling the program it was an envelope,
and got the same thing.
Any ideas? My printer is such that the right end goes in first, face up.
Charles Kenyon

Word does'nt work real well with odd-size envelopes, at least not for me.
Graham Mayor's site (which you can find through one of his posts here or on
the MVP FAQ page) has a lot on envelope formatting. I built my envelope
templates much more roughly, though, before he posted that information.

What I do is to not tell Word that I have an envelope at all. I have an
odd-size envelope template that looks, on the screen, as if it is a
letter-size page printed in landscape mode. I have the margins set so that
it actually only prints in the area that my printer prints on the envelope.
This isn't elegant and I may have to change the template if I change
printers.

Depends on how much time you want to spend on it.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.