REVA

Default How do I collect information from multiple documents to create a t

I have 1000 Word documents (letters) and I want to create a Table with the
addresses from all 1000 documents. The documents are layed out the same, but
each document has a different address and was individually typed. I want to
create a table with all the addresses in it WITHOUT HAVING TO RETYPE them
all. I want to "get" the address from each document and create a table so
that I can use Mail Merge from now on. I am using Word 2003 but have access
to 2002 and 2000.
Charles Kenyon

This is relatively easy if you used unique styles for your inside address or
a fixed place for the address. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm
for coding to do a replace on all documents in a folder. This macro could be
adapted to get the address from each of the documents and copy it into a
separate Word document.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"REVA" wrote in message
I have 1000 Word documents (letters) and I want to create a Table with the
addresses from all 1000 documents. The documents are layed out the same,
but
each document has a different address and was individually typed. I want
create a table with all the addresses in it WITHOUT HAVING TO RETYPE them
all. I want to "get" the address from each document and create a table so
that I can use Mail Merge from now on. I am using Word 2003 but have
access
to 2002 and 2000.

Reva

Charles, Thank you for your info. The addresses ARE in the same place in
each document. I am not very good with Macros, but I was able to get the
Find ReplaceAll one to work on my test data. Can you help me with the
adapting Part (to get the address from each of the documents and copy it
into a separate Word document TABLE). I am continuing with the other links
you supplied me, but would appreciate any additional help. Thank you. REVA