Erika

Default Footer is in German

I received a word document and the footer is displaying in German. Page 1 of
3 says Seite 1 von 3. When I look at the AutoText options on the
header/footer toolbar they are in German as well.

My document is typed in English and when in the header all of the autotext
options are in English.

Any ideas?
Klaus Linke

Hi Erika,

Select the text in the footer and change the language to English (Tools
Set language).
Then you should get the English AutoText options.

Regards,
Klaus

"Erika" wrote:
I received a word document and the footer is displaying in German.
Page 1 of 3 says Seite 1 von 3. When I look at the AutoText options
on the header/footer toolbar they are in German as well.

My document is typed in English and when in the header all of the
autotext options are in English.

Any ideas?

Klaus Linke

No, the language can be different for each word, even for each single
character.

As you start typing in a new document, Word takes the default language from
your Windows regional settings (which is a pain, as many users think). Else,
it'll take it from the style, or from whatever you've set manually in "Tools
Set language".

If you have "Detect language automatically" checked in that dialog, Word
will try to determine the language automatically from its dictionaries. That
can be a terrible nuisance, so I always turn that off.

Regards,
Klaus