Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
timc

Default Current Date shows in Saved Word Document instead of Desired origi

How do I turn off auto update of date in previously saved Word document where
I want to maintain the original date?

Note: I have gone to "insert" in the tool bar, clicked on date & time,
unchecked "update automatically". Then, when I retype original date & save,
and I then go to reopen the document, the current date appears instead of the
original date that was just saved.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Timc,

Open the original document. Toggle field codes (ALT+F9). Change {
DATE } to { CREATEDATE }. Note: don't monkey with the brackets, just
change the text. Toggle field code (ALT+F9). Save and close the
document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
timc

Default Current Date shows in Saved Word Document instead of Desired o

Thanks Greg! It worked! I appreciate it!

"Greg" wrote:

Timc,

Open the original document. Toggle field codes (ALT+F9). Change {
DATE } to { CREATEDATE }. Note: don't monkey with the brackets, just
change the text. Toggle field code (ALT+F9). Save and close the
document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You are using a DATE or TIME field rather than a CREATEDATE field. The
setting for updating fields only applies to the field you insert after you
specify this setting, not to ones already in thedocument. This field should
be put in the original template if possible (instead of inserting using the
keyboard shortcut or header/footer toolbar button).

In the document in question, press Alt-F9 to display field codes. Then
change the field to a CREATEDATE field, press F9 and then Alt-F9.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
news