Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cranky[_2_] Cranky[_2_] is offline

Default Calculating in text form fields

Hi

While I realise my query would be easy in Excel, the only option open
to me is to use Word as the main software we use only allows Word
templates.

I have a series of calculations to perform based on data input into
text form field in a table. The annual total is calculated in a text
form field called 'totalnet'. this all works fine.

The problem occurs when I take the information in 'totalnet' and try
to convert it to a weekly income figure. The text field 'totannlinc',
which is set as =totalinc (it appears on a different page of the
template) doesn't like this. A 'totalinc' of 365.00 should surely mean
'totannlinc' = 365.00 as well. Instead it gives '365365'

Please can anyone tell my why it does this, and how to avoid it so
that the field shows the correct value.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Without seeing your calculations it is difficult to suggest why your result
is 100 times greater than it should be, but I guess you have a percentage
slipped in somewhere. Instead of using a calculated form field, use a
conventional formula field and check the calculate on exit check box of the
last associated field that makes up the calculation and use the formula
field to divide by 100 eg. {=({Totalinc} \100) \# ",0.00"}