Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RayB RayB is offline

Default quick access toolbar does not save

how can I get the toolbar ribbon to save for other users not administrators
on their computer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UmF5Qg==?=,

how can I get the toolbar ribbon to save for other users not administrators
on their computer?

Could you rephrase this to be a bit clearer, please?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RayB RayB is offline

after one customizes the QAT and logs off of the computer and logs back in,
the QAT returns to its default state. I know it is a permissions issue and
would like some direction in which how the program works in order to allow my
users to save their toolbar settings. As admin all works well, which is the
account I installed Office 2007 under, but as a user the QAT does not save
but otherwise the program appears to function normally. This enviornment is a
domain and I have each user an administrator on their own computer but not an
administrator on the domain. Thanks Cindy

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?UmF5Qg==?=,

how can I get the toolbar ribbon to save for other users not administrators
on their computer?

Could you rephrase this to be a bit clearer, please?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?UmF5Qg==?=,

after one customizes the QAT and logs off of the computer and logs back in,
the QAT returns to its default state. I know it is a permissions issue and
would like some direction in which how the program works in order to allow my
users to save their toolbar settings. As admin all works well, which is the
account I installed Office 2007 under, but as a user the QAT does not save
but otherwise the program appears to function normally. This enviornment is a
domain and I have each user an administrator on their own computer but not an
administrator on the domain.

In this case, the office.setup newsgroup is probably your best bet, as you'll
find more people there who deal in policies, etc. The QAT settings are saved in
a particular file: Word.QAT and the user will have to have the necessary
permissions (write) to save the file in that folder (where ever you've set that
to be).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RayB RayB is offline

the issue is by default the qat is stored in the local settings folder on a
roaming profile and this folder does not save on a domain. MS built it that
way to reduce profile size. I had to create a QAT that everyone agreed on and
write protect that folder after copying and paste to profile so the domain
would not delete it. what I can't understand is this is a well known fact of
all DC's operation and has been in production for a long time and roaming
profiles are very common. MS missed this problem when creating 2007. I will
be happy to see it updated curing this issue.

Hi ?B?UmF5Qg==?=,