W M

Default Weird gray brackets

Why does Word sometimes have these semitransparent gray brackets around text
[ ] ? They do not print with the document, but I can't seem to get rid of
them from the text.

W M

Nevermind Suzanne, I found it. I went to insert --- bookmark and deleted
the one I wanted.

Thank you for your help.
Wendy

"W M" wrote in message
Can you remove the bookmark? Or can you only hide it from view?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Bookmarks. You can toggle the display off from the View tab of Tools |
Options.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"W M" wrote in message
Why does Word sometimes have these semitransparent gray brackets

around
text
[ ] ? They do not print with the document, but I can't seem to get

rid
of
them from the text.

Klaus Linke

It's probably ok, but if Word (or a previous author) inserted the =
bookmark, say, for a cross-reference, deleting it will break the =
cross-reference.

Regards,
Klaus

"W M" wrote:
Nevermind Suzanne, I found it. I went to insert --- bookmark and =

deleted
the one I wanted.
=20
Thank you for your help.
Wendy
=20
"W M" wrote in message
Can you remove the bookmark? Or can you only hide it from view?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Bookmarks. You can toggle the display off from the View tab of =

Tools |
Options.

--=20

newsgroup