cstif

Default When I underline a small portion of text, the entire document be.

In Word 2003, when I underline or bold a small portion of text after the text
is typed, the entire document then is underlined--even what was previously
typed.
If I go to Edit and Undo, then the text I wanted underlined and bold is
correct. It's a real pain to have to UNDO every time I want to used the
features.

This is new to 2003--never ever had this problem in the last ten years with
any other version of Word.
Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm.

--