Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 question

Okay Wordies, it's my turn to ask a question about Word 2007.

I had a list of email addresses in Word with a hard return after each name.
I wanted to alphabetize them. If I was still using Word 2003, I would
highlight my text, select Table - Sort. How the dickens do I do that in Word
2007? I could not get the Sort command to appear unless I actually had the
text in a table. That's what I ended up doing but surely I missed something.
It's crazy to have to convert text to a table, sort it, and then convert it
back to text.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

There is a sort command in the paragraph group on the Home tab. It's the
icon with AZ and the down arrow. Did you try that one?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
:

Okay Wordies, it's my turn to ask a question about Word 2007.

I had a list of email addresses in Word with a hard return after each name.
I wanted to alphabetize them. If I was still using Word 2003, I would
highlight my text, select Table - Sort. How the dickens do I do that in Word
2007? I could not get the Sort command to appear unless I actually had the
text in a table. That's what I ended up doing but surely I missed something.
It's crazy to have to convert text to a table, sort it, and then convert it
back to text.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I tried using the online interactive site, I searched the help file but did
not see that. Let me type some jibberish and see if I can find it.

OH GEEZ!!! I guess it's because I was so used to finding the sort command
under Table that I looked there first. I didn't realize that they now
include it with paragraphs, which makes perfect sense. No idea why I
couldn't find it in the Help file tho.

Thank you Patrick.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

You are welcome

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

No idea why I couldn't find it in the Help file tho.

Because help gets worse with every release - it seems designed to only tell
you some of what you already know, not to guide you towards what you might
want to find out.

Once upon a time I leaned heavily on Help and I'm real glad I'm not new to
Word now because you can't lean on it any more. The Ribbon is supposed to
aid 'discoverability' so they must think you don't need that kind of help -
clearly it didn't work for you :-(

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"JoAnn Paules" schreef in bericht
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Not that time. I even tried using the interactive guide on the Office
website. Oh well, I found what I needed - and to Microsoft's credit, it was
located in a logical place. The problem was that I was in a Word 2003
mindset. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]