Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Default Need Help Fixing My List Number 5 Style

Fellow Forum Members,
I have been using the List Number 5 Style all thoughout my manual to number
procedures. Now it no longer wants to work. It no longer automatically
continues numbering. And if I manually set the Continue numbering command
Roman numbers are applied on all the paragraphs all throughout he manual.
It's a nightmare! I have hit RESET in the Numbering setup for the Number 5
Style and this doesn't fix it. How do I fix this style and getting back to
the way it was originally working? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Have you tried using the Format Painter? That, for me, is the EASIEST way to
get styles--especially numbered styles--to behave.
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"binar" wrote in message
Fellow Forum Members,
I have been using the List Number 5 Style all thoughout my manual to
number
procedures. Now it no longer wants to work. It no longer automatically
continues numbering. And if I manually set the Continue numbering command
Roman numbers are applied on all the paragraphs all throughout he manual.
It's a nightmare! I have hit RESET in the Numbering setup for the Number
5
Style and this doesn't fix it. How do I fix this style and getting back to
the way it was originally working? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binar binar is offline

Anne or anyone out there,
Can you please elaborate on this format painter. I am really sweating
bullets here. It looks like I have to reapply styles and formatting to som
120 pages all because this "List Number 5 Style" has become corrupted. I have
learned a big lesson. NEVER again will I rely on Word's AutoNumber Styles.
They eventually become corrupt and then you are left with a big mess.

My only solution now is to go back and apply a paragraph style I'm calling
"STEP" and I'm going to manually counts all the steps to all 60 of the
procedures I have in this manual. Is there anyway to fix "List Number 5
Style". Everytime I right mouse click and select Continue Numbering all of
the paragraphs in my manual get Roman Numbers added. Can anyone explain what
is causing this? Thanks.

"binar" wrote in message
Fellow Forum Members,
I have been using the List Number 5 Style all thoughout my manual to
number
procedures. Now it no longer wants to work. It no longer automatically
continues numbering. And if I manually set the Continue numbering command
Roman numbers are applied on all the paragraphs all throughout he manual.
It's a nightmare! I have hit RESET in the Numbering setup for the Number
5
Style and this doesn't fix it. How do I fix this style and getting back to
the way it was originally working? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

It's very difficult to explain in writing, binar, but I suspect you have
changed the style and you're simply not seeing that you changed it. See my
articles here for some more information that may be helpful to you:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...of t_word.htm
http://www.officearticles.com/word/h...osoft_word.htm
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...oft_word.ht m

****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************

"binar" wrote in message
Fellow Forum Members,
I have been using the List Number 5 Style all thoughout my manual to
number
procedures. Now it no longer wants to work. It no longer automatically
continues numbering. And if I manually set the Continue numbering
command
Roman numbers are applied on all the paragraphs all throughout he
manual.
It's a nightmare! I have hit RESET in the Numbering setup for the
Number
5
Style and this doesn't fix it. How do I fix this style and getting back
the way it was originally working? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks.

Re-starting List Number numbering changes text to another style Hans Microsoft Word Help 8 February 16th 07 05:00 AM
List Number format style that includes date power field Tecknomage Microsoft Word Help 1 January 11th 06 10:09 PM
Fix your bullet list, number list and outline features Frustrated at Intel Page Layout 2 July 6th 05 11:31 PM
Style List lemeva Microsoft Word Help 3 June 17th 05 11:52 PM
Number list number is gone when changing style Lisa Microsoft Word Help 1 May 12th 05 11:03 PM