Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cazo Cazo is offline

Default Word 98 or 2000 for Vista

Can I install on VISTA an older version of Word such as WORD 98 or WORD 2000 ?
I am finding WORD 2007 too complicated.
If this is possible does anyone know how much this would cost and can it be
done direct from the Internet.
Thanks
Cazo
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word 98 is an Apple Macintosh version, so it will not run on Vista.

Word 2000 will run on Vista. Word 2000 is no longer available for
purchase from Microsoft directly. Word 2000 was available for purchase
as a standalone program, as part of Works Suite 2000 (and maybe Works
Suite 2001 too if there was ever such a thing), and as part of Office
2000. You might be able to find one of these titles at online vendors,
but be careful not to buy from a pirate website. You cannot legally
download Office 2000 from anywhere on the internet.

Cazo wrote:

Can I install on VISTA an older version of Word such as WORD 98 or WORD 2000 ?
I am finding WORD 2007 too complicated.
If this is possible does anyone know how much this would cost and can it be
done direct from the Internet.
Thanks
Cazo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cazo Cazo is offline

Thanks very much for that - a lot of things I didn't know. How can I tell
if a Website is a pirate website ? I appreciate your help.. Cazo

Cazo wrote:

Can I install on VISTA an older version of Word such as WORD 98 or WORD 2000 ?
I am finding WORD 2007 too complicated.
If this is possible does anyone know how much this would cost and can it be
done direct from the Internet.
Thanks
Cazo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Any Word processor that you are unfamiliar with will be 'too complicated'.
Word 2007 is easier to approach than earlier versions. It is only
familiarity with those earlier versions over many years of regular use, that
gets in the teeth of those who adopt Word 2007from the standpoint of a power
user. Without that background, 2007 is probably easier to learn.

I have had it installed alongside Word 2003 for a couple of months, and
while I remain annoyed that I had to relearn something that was second
nature, I now find I use 2007 for most of my regular work. My productivity
is slower (but catching up), but the application is logically laid out so
things are not too hard to find. I would persevere as this will be the way
forward.

Cazo wrote:
Can I install on VISTA an older version of Word such as WORD 98 or
WORD 2000 ? I am finding WORD 2007 too complicated.
If this is possible does anyone know how much this would cost and can
it be done direct from the Internet.
Thanks
Cazo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If it's offering an older version of Office, especially as a download, it's
probably an illegal version. Or if it's real cheap - the red flags should be
waving in front of your face.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher