Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kellie Kellie is offline

Default How do I recover a missing document?

I had a word document on my email. I opened and downloaded the document. I
continued working on it, saving it several times. Today, when I went to open
the document it was gone. What can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You did a Save instead of a Save As and change the location, didn't you?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kellie" wrote in message
I had a word document on my email. I opened and downloaded the document.
continued working on it, saving it several times. Today, when I went to
open
the document it was gone. What can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'd be willing to bet that you'll remember this for a long while if you
can't save your file. When you open that attachment, it's just a temp file.
You MUST remember to save it before editing it.

There are no guarantees but you can try the following:
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]