Impala_68

Default How is the Paste as Hyperlink feature enabled and used?

I'm trying to figure out how the Paste as Hyperlink feature works in Word
2003. Paste and Paste Special are obvious to me, but I want to know what
additional functionality is provided with the Paste as Hyperlink feature and,
more importantly, what you have to do to enable the menu item.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SW1wYWxhXzY4?=,

I'm trying to figure out how the Paste as Hyperlink feature works in Word
2003. Paste and Paste Special are obvious to me, but I want to know what
additional functionality is provided with the Paste as Hyperlink feature and,
more importantly, what you have to do to enable the menu item.

You need to copy something from a file that's been saved to disk. For example,
open an existing Word document, select some text, perform Copy, move to another
document, use Edit/Paste as Hyperlink. That inserts the entire copied text
formatted with the Hyperlink style, as a Hyperlink field (Alt+F9 toggles field
codes).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org