Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tinks tinks is offline

Default Copying autotext entries to multiple templates

I recently was upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2007. I see that the autotext
entries are now in the building blocks. How do I now copy autotext entries
to multiple templates? I used to use the organizer, open the existing
template, and open the template I wanted to copy to and copy from one to
another.
--
Thanks for the help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Tinks,

You can use Insert=Quick Parts=Building Block Organizer to edit/move individual entries between templates. However, if you have a
template with a building block (AutoText gallery or any of the other 35 galleries) in it, those entries will be available to all
templates and documents if you drop a copy of that file into the \Document Parts\ folder or into one of its language specific
subfolders (i.e. ]Document Parts\1033\ for U.S. English formatted entries.

=============
"tinks" wrote in message ...
I recently was upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2007. I see that the autotext
entries are now in the building blocks. How do I now copy autotext entries
to multiple templates? I used to use the organizer, open the existing
template, and open the template I wanted to copy to and copy from one to
another.

Thanks for the help
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

As an additional note, make sure you place only Word templates that contain
building blocks in this folder. When you access Building Blocks for the
first time in the Word session, Word will attempt to open every single file
in the Document Parts folder, even images g. The result can be errors or
an unnecessary delay as Word loads all of the files.
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...