Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe[_3_] Joe[_3_] is offline

Default appending pages to a word file?

If I'm preparing a long text file- often I'll prepare it as a series of
files rather than as a single long file. It's more convenient because often
such large files (for me) are already broken up into sections that are
usually less than a page anyways. Then if I need to edit a page I only need
to load the specific page not a long document.

This is fine except when I want to save the full item as a pdf file which I
can now do- with Office 2007- I downloaded the plug-in which can save the
file as a pdf.

But, I can't seem to find an easy way to start with the first page, then
tell Word to append each succeeding page. Since each page tends to have
complex formatting- which changes from page to page- it's not easy to just
copy each page to the clipboard, then paste into an appended blank page.

There must be an easier way.

Years ago I had a copy of Adobe Acrobat- and that program of course had a
nice easy way to append pdf files- so back then, I'd save each doc file to a
pdf, then append them one at a time- but, I don't have that computer and
Acrobat anymore and I can't afford to buy it.

Joe