Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tt tt is offline

Default How to number paragraphs in Word when document is finished?

I need have the paragraphs numbered in my document. I have no idea how to do
this once the document is finished and complete (I know that you can use
AUTONUMOUT but it seems tedious to do for every paragraph). Is there a way to
do this???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the document was properly formatted using paragraph styles, you can apply
numbering to the appropriate styles. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

If you are using Word 2007, you can click Multilevel List (on the Home
ribbon), then click Define New Multilevel List, which opens a dialog box
similar to the Customize Outline Numbered List dialog box of previous
versions (this dialog box is discussed at the above link). For more
stability, you may want to create a list style (Multilevel List | Define New
List Style), and then link its numbering levels to paragraph styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP