Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
petz petz is offline

Default Mailmerge Word 2007 / Outlook 2007

All of these issues happen only in Word 2007 mail merge documents, so I'm
posting in this group. Hope someone can help!!

We have a system with functions that open Word to merge system data into a
new document using a template. When testing Vista/Office 2007 in mid2008,
these functions ran without issue. Recently we've experienced problems that
seem to involve Outlook as well. If a user tries to use these program
functions, with Outlook open, the process spins, then fails with DDE errors.
Nothing opens to merge data into. If Outlook is not open, Word opens and
merges the data fine. In addition, when Outlook is running, the user can use
the functions successfully by opening a Word document which then populates
with the template text and merged data.

We've also had problems with the Save As pop when closing these documents.
With previous versions of Word, the "Do you want to save the changes to..."
was all we got. With 2007, the "Save As" pops and frequently pops over and
over (often 6 or 7 times) in the same instance before the "Do you want..."
will pop. This is very inconvenient and time consuming, leading to user
frustration.

One more. What can I say? Users are unable to scroll (scroll wheel on mouse
or scroll bar)or mouse around in these documents when they open. They have to
use the arrow keys to move around and the Shift and arrow keys to highlight
text, which is a common task.

I know - several different things happening here, but none of them happened
during pre-conversion testing. There must have been an update that caused
these.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues and are there solutions we can
implement to fix them?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

I would suggest that these issues are unique to your "system". Without
seeing the code for that "system", it is not possible to say what might be
causing the issues.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.