Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Soccerman58

Default Keeping a hyperlink blue

Hi
I want to make it so that my hyperlinks are that bright electric blue at all
times in all states: hover, clicked, visited, I don't care. At the moment I
have hyperlinks in my resume that have a mauve visited attribute and I don't
want it.

I assume it means a change in my css or similar.

Anyone help please?

Thanks
Phil
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Keeping a hyperlink blue

Hi Phil,

Sure, I can help you with that. To keep your hyperlinks blue at all times, you can add some CSS code to your website or document. Here are the steps to do it in Microsoft Word:
  1. Select the hyperlink text that you want to keep blue.
  2. Right-click on the selected text and choose "Edit Hyperlink" from the context menu.
  3. In the "Edit Hyperlink" dialog box, click on the "ScreenTip" button.
  4. In the "ScreenTip" dialog box, click on the "Hyperlink" button.
  5. In the "Hyperlink" dialog box, click on the "Font" button.
  6. In the "Font" dialog box, choose the blue color that you want to use for your hyperlinks.
  7. Click "OK" to close all the dialog boxes.

Now, your hyperlinks should be blue at all times, regardless of whether they have been visited or not.

PHP Code:
// Sample macro code
Sub MakeHyperlinksBlue()

With ActiveDocument.Styles("Hyperlink")
        .
Font.Color wdColorBlue
    End With
End Sub
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I want to make it so that my hyperlinks are that bright electric blue
at all times in all states: hover, clicked, visited, I don't care. At
the moment I have hyperlinks in my resume that have a mauve visited
attribute and I don't want it.

I assume it means a change in my css or similar.

Anyone help please?

Thanks
Phil

In Format Styles, modify the FollowedHyperlink style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy

Jay's right. Additionally, it'll only show visited on YOUR machine or on
someone else's who HAS visited your site.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Soccerman58" wrote in message
Hi
I want to make it so that my hyperlinks are that bright electric blue at
all
times in all states: hover, clicked, visited, I don't care. At the moment
have hyperlinks in my resume that have a mauve visited attribute and I
don't
want it.

I assume it means a change in my css or similar.

Anyone help please?

Thanks
Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
garfield-n-odie

You asked this same question on January 17. See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...e4297c467c89dd
..

Soccerman58 wrote:

Hi
I want to make it so that my hyperlinks are that bright electric blue at all
times in all states: hover, clicked, visited, I don't care. At the moment I
have hyperlinks in my resume that have a mauve visited attribute and I don't
want it.

I assume it means a change in my css or similar.

Anyone help please?

Thanks
Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry

Default Keeping a hyperlink blue (or whatever color)

But Jay, that's only going to affect the hyperlink as it appears in
Word, right? Since the issue goes beyond Word, I've cross-posted this
to the OE and the IE newsgroups.

I have had many problems with this issue. Links may be the same color
in Word (and I make links and followed links the same color in my
Normal template), and they may be the same color in a web page, but then
when I copy the web page text into an e-mail, some of them (the one's
that haven't yet been clicked on in the Web page) are a different color
that I don't want. Then I have to clean them up again.

Or I will have links in Word that are a uniform color, but I then send
the document to a website, and when it's posted online, some of the
links are a different color.

I have been unable to figure out the rules that govern this behavior or
how to get control of it.

Larry

I wish there were some
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I want to make it so that my hyperlinks are that bright electric

blue
at all times in all states: hover, clicked, visited, I don't care.

At
the moment I have hyperlinks in my resume that have a mauve visited
attribute and I don't want it.

I assume it means a change in my css or similar.

Anyone help please?

Thanks
Phil

In Format Styles, modify the FollowedHyperlink style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so

Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers

As Jay says, though, it affects the display only on your screen. And many
users *prefer* to have followed hyperlinks a different color. I'd go crazy
using Google if I couldn't see what pages/sites I'd already tried and
rejected.

Soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I want to make it so that my hyperlinks are that bright electric

blue
at all times in all states: hover, clicked, visited, I don't care.

At
the moment I have hyperlinks in my resume that have a mauve visited
attribute and I don't want it.

I assume it means a change in my css or similar.

Anyone help please?

Thanks
Phil

In Format Styles, modify the FollowedHyperlink style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so

Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

To clarify one step further, what governs the color you see (other than
possibly having a particular color specified in the HTML tag of the
hyperlink, which is something Word doesn't do) is whether *you* have visited
that page from *your* computer, which places those URLs in Internet
Explorer's cache. Another user who views that web page and hasn't visited
any of those links with his/her computer will not see different colors.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I want to make it so that my hyperlinks are that bright electric
blue at all times in all states: hover, clicked, visited, I don't
care. At the moment I have hyperlinks in my resume that have a
mauve visited attribute and I don't want it.

I assume it means a change in my css or similar.

Anyone help please?

Thanks
Phil

In Format Styles, modify the FollowedHyperlink style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry

I'll have to check into this further, but I know that on at least one
occasion, another person told me that an online webpage of mine had
inconsistently colored hyperlinks, and I saw the same inconsistency as
well from my computer. I assumed that everyone saw the same colors as
we did.

Soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I want to make it so that my hyperlinks are that bright electric
blue at all times in all states: hover, clicked, visited, I don't
care. At the moment I have hyperlinks in my resume that have a
mauve visited attribute and I don't want it.

I assume it means a change in my css or similar.

Anyone help please?

Thanks
Phil

In Format Styles, modify the FollowedHyperlink style.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Waller

I'll have to check into this further, but I know that on at least one
occasion, another person told me that an online webpage of mine had
inconsistently colored hyperlinks, and I saw the same inconsistency as
well from my computer. I assumed that everyone saw the same colors as
we did.

Have you got a URL?

--
Regards

John Waller

Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry

But then I'd lose my confidentiality at these groups, which I keep for a
reason. :-)

Also, there's still the question of pasting web page text into OE. Even
if the links are consistent in the web page and even in Word, they are
often inconsistent in the e-mail. I wish I could get control of this.
It's maddening to have an automatic feature that you can't control.

Larry

"John Waller" wrote in message
I'll have to check into this further, but I know that on at least

one
occasion, another person told me that an online webpage of mine had
inconsistently colored hyperlinks, and I saw the same inconsistency

as
well from my computer. I assumed that everyone saw the same colors

as
we did.

Have you got a URL?

--
Regards

John Waller

Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry

What seems to be the case is that each website has its own rules
governing the color of followed hyperlinks. In some sites, the followed
link is different from the unfollowed, in others it's not. But then, if
you copy text from a web page into an e-mail, even though the followed
links had the same color in the web page as the unfollowed, in the
e-mail the unfollowed links will have a different color. (In my case,
the followed links are purple, the unfollowed are blue, and I want them
all to be purplse.) So the question is, is there any way to make the
links in the e-mail all be the same (followed) color, other than
manually clicking on all the links in the web page prior to copying the
web page text into the e-mail?

And then another question: Is all this irrelevant from the point of
view of how the text appears to the recipient of the e-mail? Let's say
I've clicked on all the links on the web page prior to copying into the
e-mail, so that the links are all purple in the e-mail. But when
another person receives the e-mail, he hasn't clicked on any of those
links on HIS computer. So does that mean that when he looks at the
e-mail the links will all have the unfollowed color?

Larry

"Larry" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Aldwinckle

(posting from ie6.browser)
"Larry" wrote in message

What seems to be the case is that each website has its own rules
governing the color of followed hyperlinks. In some sites, the followed
link is different from the unfollowed, in others it's not. But then, if
you copy text from a web page into an e-mail, even though the followed
links had the same color in the web page as the unfollowed, in the
e-mail the unfollowed links will have a different color. (In my case,
the followed links are purple, the unfollowed are blue, and I want them
all to be purplse.) So the question is, is there any way to make the
links in the e-mail all be the same (followed) color, other than
manually clicking on all the links in the web page prior to copying the
web page text into the e-mail?

You can force your preferences.
Check: Ignore colors specified on web pages
(Internet Options, Accessibility -- in IE press Alt-T,O,Alt-e,c)

And then another question: Is all this irrelevant from the point of
view of how the text appears to the recipient of the e-mail? Let's say
I've clicked on all the links on the web page prior to copying into the
e-mail, so that the links are all purple in the e-mail. But when
another person receives the e-mail, he hasn't clicked on any of those
links on HIS computer. So does that mean that when he looks at the
e-mail the links will all have the unfollowed color?

Yes. You can also change yours by clearing your History.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry

You can force your preferences.
Check: Ignore colors specified on web pages
(Internet Options, Accessibility -- in IE press Alt-T,O,Alt-e,c)

This is an interesting feature, but it changes the actual color designs
of Web pages, which is undesirable, while not fixing the inconsistent
color of linked text pasted into e-mails.

Thanks anyway. I have a feeling this is a problem without a solution.
:-)

Larry

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote in message
(posting from ie6.browser)
"Larry" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:41:20 -0500, "Larry"
wrote:

You can force your preferences.
Check: Ignore colors specified on web pages
(Internet Options, Accessibility -- in IE press Alt-T,O,Alt-e,c)

This is an interesting feature, but it changes the actual color designs
of Web pages, which is undesirable, while not fixing the inconsistent
color of linked text pasted into e-mails.

Thanks anyway. I have a feeling this is a problem without a solution.
:-)

Larry

I know you don't want to hear this, but my feeling is that for most
people it isn't even a problem. The only time it's really a problem is
when the link color blends into the background, making it hard to
read.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Phil,

If this is on a website then you can use apply CSS formatting to the hyperlinks and it's likely that most, but not all people will
see them stay the same color (although that may also irritate some people who try to follow the links from your page).

Another method is to produce the hyperlink as a small gif file then attach the hyperlink to that graphic.

If you're doing this in email then keep in mind that it's not uncommmon in businesses to have incoming mail set to be displayed as
'plain text'.

=======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry

Here is another oddity. Yesterday I sent to a list of recipients an
e-mail with web page text copied into to it. There were a couple of
hyperlinks in the text, that were purple. Someone just sent me a reply,
and in the reply the hyperlinks are now blue.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Aldwinckle

"Larry" wrote in message

You can force your preferences.
Check: Ignore colors specified on web pages
(Internet Options, Accessibility -- in IE press Alt-T,O,Alt-e,c)

This is an interesting feature, but it changes the actual color designs
of Web pages, which is undesirable, while not fixing the inconsistent
color of linked text pasted into e-mails.

But isn't the original coloring coming from its source (e.g. a web page?)

BTW how are you copying these links? Perhaps if you copy them with
right-click Copy Shortcut (e.g.) they won't be colored? E.g. I imagine that
only the anchor text will be colored not its href value. Similarly you can
force a piece of text to lose all its style attributes by pasting it first into
a new Notepad window, then selecting it from there and recopying.
Note also, that when the source is anchor text that we are assuming
generally that it matches the related href value. In cases where the anchor
text and the captured link do not match you would probably have to do
something like copy the anchor text to capture and set its color
and then paste the copied Shortcut in such a way that it inherited that color.

Thanks anyway. I have a feeling this is a problem without a solution.
:-)

I haven't tried it but supposedly you can create your own stylesheet
to effect your preferences more specifically.
(same dialog -- in IE press Alt-T,O,Alt-e,d)

If so perhaps you could use it to force your preferences for link coloring
only. Again, though, that would only affect the source of the links
and the way you copied and pasted them would ultimately affect
their final attributes in your document.

Robert
---

Word Hyperlink: Opening & Returning CEB Microsoft Word Help 6 December 1st 06 05:28 PM
hyperlinks are showing path name instead of blue underline Roxy Microsoft Word Help 1 September 7th 05 04:16 AM
Hyperlink in Word Attachment ashbronj Microsoft Word Help 0 March 7th 05 07:59 PM
hyperlink jr Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 11:55 PM
Using MAILMERGE fields within HYPERLINK fields for Merge to Email Mark V Mailmerge 2 December 4th 04 05:01 PM