Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonilyn

Default Set-up advice

I have a multi-page document (component plan) with 5 columns. I need our
organization name centered on all pages and then I need categories to appear
on every page also, before the columns. In other words, I need certain
information on all the pages but I have to change and/or add to it before the
table begins. The columns are set up with rows so each section lines up. I
haven't worked with macros or templates much but I need a game plan first.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bohorquez

My first suggestion would be to create the document in Excel. If that's not
an option you can create a 5 column table in the Header of the document.
This way when you create a new page you'll still have the organization name
centered and all the categories.

In this case, you wouldn't need a macro and you can essentially create your
own template. HTH

Bohorquez

"jonilyn" wrote:

I have a multi-page document (component plan) with 5 columns. I need our
organization name centered on all pages and then I need categories to appear
on every page also, before the columns. In other words, I need certain
information on all the pages but I have to change and/or add to it before the
table begins. The columns are set up with rows so each section lines up. I
haven't worked with macros or templates much but I need a game plan first.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonilyn

That won't work because the categories aren't part of the table. We want to
be able to keep make changes in the table and have the pages break
automatically. It's a challenge!

"jonilyn" wrote:

I have a multi-page document (component plan) with 5 columns. I need our
organization name centered on all pages and then I need categories to appear
on every page also, before the columns. In other words, I need certain
information on all the pages but I have to change and/or add to it before the
table begins. The columns are set up with rows so each section lines up. I
haven't worked with macros or templates much but I need a game plan first.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonilyn

Thank you - we'll need it! :0) I think we may hire someone from the local
college that teaches Word to help us out.

"bohorquez" wrote:

Good luck then