Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chittapoo Chittapoo is offline

Default email address header not safe in Word documents

Just started using Word2003 that came with my new computer. When send Word
documents as email via Outlook, the Word file will not save email addresses
and attachment to the file. The previous version of Word will save all email
addresses, subject line, and attachment to the file when you hit "save".
Now, if i reopen the file after i closed it, all the properties are blank.
FYI, i hit the email button on the toolbar, fill in the email address, and
hit "send". Then, Outlook will send my email out.

If anybody can tell me how to set the Word to save all my email information
again, i would greatly appreciate. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Chittapoo

Chittapoo wrote:
Just started using Word2003 that came with my new computer. When send Word
documents as email via Outlook, the Word file will not save email addresses
and attachment to the file. The previous version of Word will save all email
addresses, subject line, and attachment to the file when you hit "save".
Now, if i reopen the file after i closed it, all the properties are blank.
FYI, i hit the email button on the toolbar, fill in the email address, and
hit "send". Then, Outlook will send my email out.

If anybody can tell me how to set the Word to save all my email information
again, i would greatly appreciate. Thanks.

I'm a pretty new user of Outlook (from Office 2003), so I'm not familiar
with what you describe as "Word save all email addresses, subject line,
and attachment to the file." Why should it do this, what would this be
good for?

Certainly, when I want to send a Word document to anybody (which I
usually don't do from Word but from Outlook, sending the document as a
hopefully zipped attachement), I would not desire Outlook to change
anything to my file ...

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chittapoo Chittapoo is offline

I use Word as an email editor/composer for Outlook. You can email a Word
document directly out as an email via Outlook. The document will be the body
of the email. You do that by click "email" icon on Word's toolbar, fill in
the email address and hit send. Outlook will send it out automatically.

Now, under my previous version of Word, all email addresses, subject line,
and even attachment will be saved as parts of the Word document. Next time
you open that document and hit "email" button again, all that information
would be there.

However, when i switch to my new Word2003, I cannot save that information
anymore. Don't know what setting was change from the previous version. Any
help is really appreciated.

Chittapoo

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Chittapoo

Chittapoo wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Chittapoo

Chittapoo wrote:
I use Word as an email editor/composer for Outlook. You can email a Word
document directly out as an email via Outlook. The document will be the body
of the email. You do that by click "email" icon on Word's toolbar, fill in
the email address and hit send. Outlook will send it out automatically.

Now, under my previous version of Word, all email addresses, subject line,
and even attachment will be saved as parts of the Word document. Next time
you open that document and hit "email" button again, all that information
would be there.

OK, I'm with you now. Here in Word 2003, the settings are fully retained
when I save/close the document with the email addresses, subject,
attachment, etc. still open. If I click on the email button in the
standard toolbar, save and close, reopen, and click again on the email
button, only the subject line is retained.

I reckon that this has been changed, deliberately or not, due to
security considerations. But I couldn't locate any KB article about it.
Maybe if you ask in a forum for outlook or office, somebody might know
better.

Greetings
Robert
--