Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Display Final without markups

After having seen a number of documents containing embarrassing edits get
sent to clients over the years... I was awfully glad when Word started
defaulting to showing tracked changes a few versions ago. I understand that
it's not necessarily everyone's cup of tea... but it sure is mine.

To make it easier to deal with when editing, however... I created a toggle
that switches between Final and Final Showing Tracked Changes, and assigned
it to a keystroke. If you think it might be useful, here's the macro I use:

Sub ToggleRevisionDisplay()
On Error Resume Next
With ActiveWindow.View
TR = .ShowRevisionsAndComments
.ShowRevisionsAndComments = Not TR
.RevisionsView = wdRevisionsViewFinal
End With
End Sub

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"tinks" wrote in message
Sorry Word 2007. I change it in the drop down list but it does not change
the default. I understand this is a safety feature for metadata but it is
pain to have to change it on every document
--
Thanks for the help

"tinks" wrote:

How can I display a document in Final display instead of Final Showing
Markup
as a default?
--
Thanks for the help