Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
whatsupwithword03

Default Why do deleted comments reappear after a document compare?

I am comparing two MS Word documents that have "Accepted All Changes" in each
document. The old document had reviewer comments. The later version had
deleted those comments. After doing a document compare, the later version
fills in nicely with change bars, etc, but it shows the deleted comments as
active comments. They instead should be deleted (I would think). Why do
deleted comments reappear after a document compare? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier

Deleted comments should not be displayed in a compared document. Are
you sure that they were deleted and not just hidden? To check, in
your revised document, show the Reviewing toolbar, and click on the
icon for "Next" to take you to the next comment or tracked change.

To get rid of Comments in a document, there is an option in the Reject
Changes icon which will Delete all Comments in the Document.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"whatsupwithword03"
wrote in message
I am comparing two MS Word documents that have "Accepted All Changes"
in each
document. The old document had reviewer comments. The later
version had
deleted those comments. After doing a document compare, the later
version
fills in nicely with change bars, etc, but it shows the deleted
comments as
active comments. They instead should be deleted (I would think).
Why do
deleted comments reappear after a document compare? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

"Accept all changes" is not the same as "Delete all comments".
You have to click on both commands on the Reviewing toolbar.