Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MKM MKM is offline

Default How do I set up Word template with images?

I need to generate a Word template document where placed images/photos are
€śclickable€ť so that other user(s) can update that given image with another of
their choice. Anyone have any idea how I accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

MKM:

You can insert any image in a template and it will be as "clickable" as any
other object. Your users would just select the image (by clicking it) then
click Insert Picture From File. This would let them browse to the image
they want to use to replace the original picture.

Since the original picture was selected when they executed the Insert
Picture command, when they select a new picture and click Insert, the new
picture will replace the old one.

IF you want the user to click the old picture and have Word do all the rest
automatically, you'll need to create a simple macro of some kind.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"MKM" wrote:

I need to generate a Word template document where placed images/photos are
€śclickable€ť so that other user(s) can update that given image with another of
their choice. Anyone have any idea how I accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MKM MKM is offline

Thank you, Bear. I am aware of the steps to insert another image--I just
wasn't sure if there was a way to make images act as hyperlinks in order to
directly swap an image for another(s). (My term, "clickable" is a little
misleading--sorry.)
Macros ought to do it. Thanks so much for the help.

"MKM" wrote:

I need to generate a Word template document where placed images/photos are
€śclickable€ť so that other user(s) can update that given image with another of
their choice. Anyone have any idea how I accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

MKM:

You mean like have a low-res image in a document for quick opening and
display, but when the image is clicked Word loads the hi-res image in its
place?

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000