Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RP RP is offline

Default how to set shoulder headings

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming these are just "outdented" headings, you can use a negative left
paragraph indent.

http://word.mvps.org

"rp" wrote in message
news

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Shoulder head" often refers to a block of text completely out in the
margin. You could do it by seting both left and right margins to the
left of the main paragraph margin, but then you'd have a big blank
space in the text that would defeat the purpose.

Sounds like a job for text boxes.

On Mar 9, 9:18*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Assuming these are just "outdented" headings, you can use a negative left
paragraph indent.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

news

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case, they would be covered by
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm (frames rather than text
boxes).

http://word.mvps.org

"grammatim" wrote in message
"Shoulder head" often refers to a block of text completely out in the
margin. You could do it by seting both left and right margins to the
left of the main paragraph margin, but then you'd have a big blank
space in the text that would defeat the purpose.

Sounds like a job for text boxes.

On Mar 9, 9:18 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Assuming these are just "outdented" headings, you can use a negative left
paragraph indent.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"rp" wrote in message

news

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is there a "shrink-wrap" command for either text boxes or frames?

(Esoteric reason: I need to put some Mongolian into an English
paragraph, and Mongolian is written vertically with an alphabet,
looking a little bit like sideways Arabic. Word actually has a text
direction setting for Mongolian, but it affects an entire page; but I
need to be able to insert a single word into regular text, and
rotating a text box with Mogolian in it works, but I can't get it to
hug the letters -- I can't drag the sides finely enough to remove all
the space without making it break onto a second column. Again, frames
would be better than text boxes?)

"grammatim" wrote in message

"Shoulder head" often refers to a block of text completely out in the
margin. You could do it by seting both left and right margins to the
left of the main paragraph margin, but then you'd have a big blank
space in the text that would defeat the purpose.

Sounds like a job for text boxes.

On Mar 9, 9:18 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Assuming these are just "outdented" headings, you can use a negative left
paragraph indent.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"rp" wrote in message

news

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

By default a text box has a 0.1" inside margin left and right and 0.05" top
and bottom. On the Text Box tab of the Format Text Box dialog, you can
reduce all of these to 0".

http://word.mvps.org

"grammatim" wrote in message

"Shoulder head" often refers to a block of text completely out in the
margin. You could do it by seting both left and right margins to the
left of the main paragraph margin, but then you'd have a big blank
space in the text that would defeat the purpose.

Sounds like a job for text boxes.

On Mar 9, 9:18 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Assuming these are just "outdented" headings, you can use a negative
left
paragraph indent.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"rp" wrote in message