Michele

Default Comment change

I have a two part question. I am trying to import a Word doc with comments
into a Pub document (all are 2003). I am doing so because the finished
project is drawing off both Word, and Excel and I wanted to put all these
odds and ends in a nice little Publisher package with graphics. So I tried to
import my Word documents. When I did so, I lost the comments which I want
viewable. The formatting got all screwy and basically, all the text imported
over but nothing else. which I couldn't figure out how to do so, and since
there weren't a whole lot of comments anyway, I simply added quotes to my
text in Publisher Later, I tried to see if I could copy the comments
separately. I was playing around trying to do just that, I got a box
offering me some options that I couldn't answer so I got out of it and
decided to just go back and add them manually. But, as I went back to the
original Word document with the comments, all of them now have " [M1], [M2]
etc ... I exited out and reopened and that still appears on all my comments
in several documents. I don't want them in there! I tried to edit the
comments and it doesn't allow me to change the comment header or title.
CyberTaz

Hi Michele-

Publisher does not support Comments. If you need to have them "appear", I
can think of 2 ways to work around it:

1- Use Callouts from the Drawing Toolbar (AutoShapes) & retype the content, or
2- Take screen shots of the Word doc a page at a time and paste them into
the pub as pictures

Not suggesting that your approach is 'wrong', but more commonly the process
would be to create the text in Word, Excel files in Excel, then Place the
text, tables & images in the pub to do the formatting & layout work.

However, if you used the FileImport Word Document command, the formatting
_should_have been retained (especially if you used Styles in the doc) and
most pictures, as well. The Comments & any other mark-up would not.

As far as what happened to the Comments in the doc, itself, its hard to say
without knowing _what_ box you got into, how you got into it, and what you
might have changed. It sounds like you may have changed your initials in
ToolsOptions--User Info or perhaps put a check in the box to 'Remove
Personal Info... on Save' in ToolsOptions--Security.

Good Luck |:)