Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sam Sam is offline

Default how to create an automatic legend in a document

I'm using Word 2003 and can't find the way how to create automatically a
legend in my doc. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Dec 25, 4:08*pm, sam wrote:
I'm using Word 2003 and can't find the way how to create automatically a
legend in my doc. Thanks

Insert Reference Caption

Then choose from Figure, Table, etc., and it'll number them for you in
the order they appear. Or you can invent your own label. If you have a
table or a graphic or whatnot selected when you do the above, it also
asks you whether you want to put the caption above or below the item
it goes with, and it makes a new paragraph with the style "Caption,"
which you can then format the usual way in the Styles and Formatting
pane (Right-click Modify).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What are you referring to as a "legend"? I normally think of a legend as a
charting component that indicates what colors represent what.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/25/07 4:08 PM, in article
, "sam"
wrote:

I'm using Word 2003 and can't find the way how to create automatically a
legend in my doc. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Chicago Manual of Style used to refer to the text below a graphic
as the legend and the text above a graphic as a caption. In the latest
edition they've finally given up the distinction.

wrote:
I'm using Word 2003 and can't find the way how to create automatically a
legend in my doc. Thanks- Hide quoted text -