Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rllngriver rllngriver is offline

Default A Datalink Properties windows comes up when I choose outlook conta

Why does this happen? I was able to get Mail Merge to choose outlook
contacts before. Now it is not working again on another computer. installed
the most recent version of Adobe Reader 7.0.8. I also reset Office 2003 to
the default settings.

Why can't this feature work correctly?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

A couple of other people just mentioned this. Maybe an update has occured
that affect this particular area. Or maybe you are all working in the same
place.

Does the problem occur whatever .xls file you try to use as a data source?
even a new one?

Other than that, here's more or less what I said befo

See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885832/en-us
You are prompted to locate the data source when you open the main document
of a mail merge in Word 2003

FWIW it normally works, but
a. what networking environment are you working in?
b. do other connection methods also fail (check Word
Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversions at open", then try again)?

Despite the fact that you have reinstalled Office, it may be worth following
the instructions in

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820919/en-us

Peter Jamieson

"rllngriver" wrote in message
Why does this happen? I was able to get Mail Merge to choose outlook
contacts before. Now it is not working again on another computer.
installed
the most recent version of Adobe Reader 7.0.8. I also reset Office 2003 to
the default settings.

Why can't this feature work correctly?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rllngriver rllngriver is offline

Default A Datalink Properties windows comes up when I choose outlook c

I don't think it happends with .xls files only the outlook contacts option.

I will attempt the second hyperlink you gave me. The first one did not work.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

I appreciate it.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rllngriver rllngriver is offline

This error only occurs when you choose outlook contacts as your source. I
dont think It happens with .xls files. The first hyperlink you gave me does
not seem t o work. Am I doing something wrong?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Yes, sorry.

For outlook stuff, frankly, it's easier if you initiate your merge by
selecting some contacts in Outlook then using Outlook|Tools|Mail Merge.

It's not that starting from Word is impossible, it's more that starting from
Outlook usually seems an awful lot easier and more flexible.

Sorry if this doesn't answer your question,