tbirdbill

Default How can I reduce the size of my header.

When I open a blannk document in Word, the cursor is 5 inches down from the
top. How can I reduce the header size and start my document nearer the top?

Jay Freedman

tbirdbill wrote:
When I open a blannk document in Word, the cursor is 5 inches down
from the top. How can I reduce the header size and start my document
nearer the top?

It probably isn't the header that's the cause. Go to File Page Setup
Layout and make sure the Vertical Alignment dropdown is set to Top instead
of Center. Then click the Default button.

If there are any other odd settings in your blank documents, it may be
easiest to replace the Normal.dot template. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman