RL

Default Can not print multiple Word documents in sequence

A user on our LAN has me stumped. If she selects multiple files (say 5 Word
documents in a folder), right-clicks in the highlight area, selects "print",
nothing happens [Word should flash 'open', then send print jobs one at a
time.]. The OS is Windows XP Pro; Office 2003; printing to a networked HP
LaserJet 4050n from a Dell OptiPlex P-4.

Other workstations handle this fine and are configured the same.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

~RL [3/08/05]
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Ukw=?=,

You might try asking the experts in word.printingfonts.

A user on our LAN has me stumped. If she selects multiple files (say 5 Word
documents in a folder), right-clicks in the highlight area, selects "print",
nothing happens [Word should flash 'open', then send print jobs one at a
time.]. The OS is Windows XP Pro; Office 2003; printing to a networked HP
LaserJet 4050n from a Dell OptiPlex P-4.

Other workstations handle this fine and are configured the same.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Ukw=?=,

You might try asking the experts in word.printingfonts.

A user on our LAN has me stumped. If she selects multiple files (say 5

Word
documents in a folder), right-clicks in the highlight area, selects

"print",
nothing happens [Word should flash 'open', then send print jobs one at

time.]. The OS is Windows XP Pro; Office 2003; printing to a networked

HP
LaserJet 4050n from a Dell OptiPlex P-4.

Other workstations handle this fine and are configured the same.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

RL

Suzanne . . .

Thanks. Yesterday I posted my issue in the "word.printingfonts" newsgroup as
was suggested.

I'm curious: why in that newsgroup? All the documents were created using
Word installed on the machine having the problem. I can randomly select Word
documents (any number of them) from that machine and it won't print them - it
does nothing. Or, I can create, say, three Word documents and try these newly
created ones. Same thing, it does nothing. [I have no problem opening each
document and printing them in succession.]

I think I'll try some Excel files for a test.

Anyway - Thanks,

RL (3/31/05)

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Ukw=?=,

You might try asking the experts in word.printingfonts.

A user on our LAN has me stumped. If she selects multiple files (say 5

Word
documents in a folder), right-clicks in the highlight area, selects

"print",
nothing happens [Word should flash 'open', then send print jobs one at

time.]. The OS is Windows XP Pro; Office 2003; printing to a networked

HP
LaserJet 4050n from a Dell OptiPlex P-4.

Other workstations handle this fine and are configured the same.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Why that newsgroup? Because it's the one devoted to printing issues in Word,
which is what seemed to be your problem.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> [...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Ukw=?=,

You might try asking the experts in word.printingfonts.

A user on our LAN has me stumped. If she selects multiple files

(say 5
Word
documents in a folder), right-clicks in the highlight area,

selects
"print",
nothing happens [Word should flash 'open', then send print jobs

one at
time.]. The OS is Windows XP Pro; Office 2003; printing to a

networked
HP
LaserJet 4050n from a Dell OptiPlex P-4.

Other workstations handle this fine and are configured the same.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow

question
or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)