rdrclshad

Default Slow paste from internet to word 2002

Good afternoon, I have been searching the posts for this but have not been
able to find anything. But I am kind of new at this so forgive me if it is
here. I am running word 2002 sp3 and internet explorer 6.0.28 on windows 2000
sp3 systems when my user copies data from a web site either text or pictures
it will take up to 2 minutes to paste into word. When I log in (domain admin)
it will paste just fine (10 seconds). When the user pastes into notepad it
takes about the same time (10 sec). The same user did not have any problem
before we upgraded him to office 2002. This does happen to all the users in
the same office not sure if it happens in other places. Can someone point me
to a kb article or information on this problem. Thank you for any assistance
Word Heretic

G'day rdrclshad ,

Word tries to render rich text. Notepad ignores the complex RTF and
goes with the simple text copy. It is also possible that network lag /
collisions are causing a delay in rendering many references to
networked objects.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

rdrclshad reckoned:

Good afternoon, I have been searching the posts for this but have not been
able to find anything. But I am kind of new at this so forgive me if it is
here. I am running word 2002 sp3 and internet explorer 6.0.28 on windows 2000
sp3 systems when my user copies data from a web site either text or pictures
it will take up to 2 minutes to paste into word. When I log in (domain admin)
it will paste just fine (10 seconds). When the user pastes into notepad it
takes about the same time (10 sec). The same user did not have any problem
before we upgraded him to office 2002. This does happen to all the users in
the same office not sure if it happens in other places. Can someone point me
to a kb article or information on this problem. Thank you for any assistance

rdrclshad

Steve thank you for the response I had thought it could be a network issue
also but I am seeing very litte traffice and no collisions over these ports
when testing the problem. Also is there a way to force word to just pull
simple text I tried the cut and paste options under word settings but cant
find this setting.

"Word Heretic" wrote:

[...]

Word Heretic

G'day rdrclshad ,

Badly, yes. You can replace the menu option and associate the ctrl+v
shortcut key to something like

Public Sub NewPaste()
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End Sub

HOWEVER, this means you cant paste pictures and so on!

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

rdrclshad reckoned:

"Word Heretic" wrote:

[...]

Graham Mayor

Or instead of re-assigning the macro to the original function, give it a
unique name eg PasteUnfText and add it to a toolbar button or alternative
keyboard shortcut. You can error trap for those paste options it cannot
complete with the addition of a couple of lines

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

"Word Heretic" wrote:

[...]

Growler

I also have had this slow paste problem for a few months now. I dont have a
solution but, do have more information.

I have Windows XP Home & Word 2002 from Works 2002 & it had worked fine for
over 1 year. I regularly update scan for viruses with NAV 2004 & use Ad
Aware SE to remove spyware.

I can still paste normally (a few seconds) from IE 6 text into WordPad.
When I try to paste into Word it takes several minutes (even if just pasting
text & no pictures)

This problem DOES NOT OCCUR if I paste from Netscape into Word!

The work-a-round has been to paste from IE into WordPad & then from WordPad
into Word (Yes, its an annoying waste of time.)

I have repaired Word through €śAdd/Remove Programs€ť in Control Panel €“no help.

I have tried shutting down NAV to see if this was causing delay -- perhaps
by NAV scanning for viruses as I pasted €“ no help.

Im out of ideas.

Growler

macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
how do i copy and paste to word from an internet siteWord 2002, I. billncarol Microsoft Word Help 6 December 24th 04 04:55 AM
Unable to paste into word 2002 ChicoB Microsoft Word Help 0 December 8th 04 05:41 PM