Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LisaM

Default Seeing page breaks in Normal View

I just upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003. When I use Normal View, I no
longer can see the automatic page breaks. The only way that I can see them is
to switch to Print View. If I switch to Print View and then back to Normal
View, they appear.

This is extremely annoying since I don't know where each page ends.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

In Tools | Options, General, make sure the checkbox for "background
repagination" is checked. That might help.

Even if you did see the page breaks in Normal View, they aren't very
reliable. For why, see he
http://daiya.mvps.org/wordpages.htm

However, I generally find that it is quicker to run Word Count, which also
forces repaginatation, to update the dotted lines that denote an approximate
page break in Normal View.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LisaM

Thanks so much! Once I checked the box for "background repagination", the
dotted lines showed up again. Much appreciated!!