Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JAS

Default Creating Outlines in Word X for MAC

After I start and outline and hit the enter key, the next list item (A, B, C)
does not appear. I have to go back to BULLETS-OUTLINES- etc. in order to
get the list label to show up. How do I get this to occur automatically when
I hit the ENTER key.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

You've gotten into the PCWord group, but what you need to look for is
FormatBullets & Numbering Outline Numbered. As long as you are using
multi-level numbering you should have no problem, but you must press Tab to
demote the new para *after* you press Return - the program doesn't know
otherwise whether you are creating a new item of the same level or a
subordinate to it. Likewise, use Shift+Tab to *promote* the new para when you
are ready to create another higher-level entry.

HTH |:)

"JAS" wrote:

After I start and outline and hit the enter key, the next list item (A, B, C)
does not appear. I have to go back to BULLETS-OUTLINES- etc. in order to
get the list label to show up. How do I get this to occur automatically when
I hit the ENTER key.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JAS

I tried that but nothing happened. I think there's a problem with the Style
sheet. When I begin the document everything is NORMAL style, but if I format
anything, it changes to HEADING 1 (which I don't want). With the HEADING 1
style, I have to hit the bullet key after every line to get the next list
item. However, if I start a new document and creat lists anew, everything
works fine until I change the format of the highest level to BOLD.

still frustrated...

JAS

"JAS" wrote:

After I start and outline and hit the enter key, the next list item (A, B, C)
does not appear. I have to go back to BULLETS-OUTLINES- etc. in order to
get the list label to show up. How do I get this to occur automatically when
I hit the ENTER key.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Set up your outline according to the instructions at:

How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Microsoft
Word document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

--
Stefan Blom