Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nipper

Default PLEASE HELP ME WITH RESIZING TEXT

Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to beable to
click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size i want .please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Highlight the text and change the font size.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Nipper" wrote:

Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to beable to
click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size i want .please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

You didn't ask a question. You only stated a desire.

Yes, I read it completely.

Unless your "textbox" means a WordArt drawing oject that you can click
and manipulate the text size to some degree then you are not going to
get your desires met with any existing version of Word.

P.S. I am pretty sure that Carol doesn't work for Microsoft so
clogging up the newsgroup with your suggestion that she reads the
question isn't doing any good.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

I have read your entire question that you posted twice and I have no answer
for you Nipper. I don't know how to accomplish that. I apologize if I
misunderstood your question.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Nipper" wrote:

Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to beable to
click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size i want .please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

I think the answers are very good for volunteers. No MS employees around
here very often.

You really don't deserve to be helped, but I'll try.
You might try highlighting your text, choose Font from the Format drop down
menu and click on the Character Spacing tab.

By the way what did you mean by the word "scew?" Took a while to recognize
that you might have meant to type "skew."

"Greg" wrote:

You didn't ask a question. You only stated a desire.

Yes, I read it completely.

Unless your "textbox" means a WordArt drawing oject that you can click
and manipulate the text size to some degree then you are not going to
get your desires met with any existing version of Word.

P.S. I am pretty sure that Carol doesn't work for Microsoft so
clogging up the newsgroup with your suggestion that she reads the
question isn't doing any good.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

I have a better idea. F-him.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"Greg" wrote:

You didn't ask a question. You only stated a desire.

Yes, I read it completely.

Unless your "textbox" means a WordArt drawing oject that you can click
and manipulate the text size to some degree then you are not going to
get your desires met with any existing version of Word.

P.S. I am pretty sure that Carol doesn't work for Microsoft so
clogging up the newsgroup with your suggestion that she reads the
question isn't doing any good.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word doesn't provide much way to do this to ordinary text, though you might
look at the font scaling options on the Character Spacing tab of Format
Font. There are ways to increase font size of text (in various font sizes)
by a certain number of points, but not a certain percentage. WordArt does
provide a way to stretch and skew text, but it is all the same size. What
you really need if you want to treat text this way is a drawing program such
as CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator.

"Nipper" wrote in message
Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to beable to
click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size i want .please

help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I had to debate whether or not to respond to your post. Generally I wouldn't
but you're catching me on one of my kinder days.

Publisher will do what you want. Word is not a page layout program -
Publisher is.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Nipper" wrote in message
Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to beable to
click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size i want .please
help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

That is very charitable of you JoAnn. The twit goes ranting and telling all
us people to go "f" ourselves and your spirit of helpfulness champions on
;-)

--

"Nipper" wrote in message
Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to
beable to click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size
i want .please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

I just wanted to thank you all for your show of support. I was mortified
when I saw his suggestion. Thanks again.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Nipper" wrote in message
Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to
beable to click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size
i want .please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Carol,

We all make mistakes from time to time. Don't take personal attacks from a
moron like Nipper seriously. I would would like to personally impale him on
a pike and slowly roast him over a low fire. Hey, he caught me on one of
my kinder days too. ;-)

--

"Nipper" wrote in message
Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to
beable to click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size
i want .please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Gee - his suggestion is not very nice, is it? Not to mention anatomically
difficult if not impossible. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Nipper" wrote in message
Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to
beable to click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size
i want .please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

True. Then:

There once was a man from Nantucket ...

--

"Nipper" wrote in message
Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to
beable to click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size
i want .please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Who liked to catch fish in a bucket...

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Nipper" wrote in message
Im trying to resize text that is not a specific size.I want to
beable to click the text box and stretch and scew the text any size
i want .please help
me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_o...from_Nantucket