Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Problem with Header size

A colleague was having problems with a Word document where the header
was taking half the page. There was only 1 or 2 lines in the header
but yet it would not size down. No matter what I try, the header will
not size down, and in some cases it actually gets bigger and takes the
whole page!
This problem has now migrated to my Word 2003 installation. When I
create a new document (blank), the cursor ends up in the middle of the
page. The header height size defaults to half the page, and there's NO
way to size it down.

Any ideas, on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Open the Normal template (as described at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm) and then do
the following: On the File menu, click Page Setup. Click the Layout
tab. Make sure that the "Vertical alignment" is set to "Top". Save and
close the file. Repeat for existing documents affected by the problem.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
A colleague was having problems with a Word document where the

header
was taking half the page. There was only 1 or 2 lines in the header
but yet it would not size down. No matter what I try, the header

will
not size down, and in some cases it actually gets bigger and takes

the
whole page!
This problem has now migrated to my Word 2003 installation. When I
create a new document (blank), the cursor ends up in the middle of

the
page. The header height size defaults to half the page, and there's

NO
way to size it down.

Any ideas, on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It is not necessary to open Normal.dot for this. Just change the setting in
Page Setup in a new blank document (without making any other Page Setup
changes) and click Default..., then answer Yes.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Open the Normal template (as described at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm) and then do
the following: On the File menu, click Page Setup. Click the Layout
tab. Make sure that the "Vertical alignment" is set to "Top". Save and
close the file. Repeat for existing documents affected by the problem.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
A colleague was having problems with a Word document where the

header
was taking half the page. There was only 1 or 2 lines in the header
but yet it would not size down. No matter what I try, the header

will
not size down, and in some cases it actually gets bigger and takes

the
whole page!
This problem has now migrated to my Word 2003 installation. When I
create a new document (blank), the cursor ends up in the middle of

the
page. The header height size defaults to half the page, and there's

NO
way to size it down.

Any ideas, on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Good point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It is not necessary to open Normal.dot for this. Just change the

setting in
Page Setup in a new blank document (without making any other Page

Setup
changes) and click Default..., then answer Yes.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Open the Normal template (as described at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm) and then

do
the following: On the File menu, click Page Setup. Click the

Layout
tab. Make sure that the "Vertical alignment" is set to "Top". Save

and
close the file. Repeat for existing documents affected by the

problem.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP