Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Header Size

Using Word 2003 on an XP Pro Platform I have a document where the header is
taking up half the page even though it's empty. How do I resize it to be of
a normal size?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Toggle the non-printing characters (Ctrl+Shft+8) and see if there are
paragraph marks (ie empty lines) in the Header, delete as necessary.
If the Header is really empty, check the settings of the Header in your
Normal.dot and save that to ensure all new documents (based on Normal.dot)
are ok.
Also check the File, Page Setup, Layout, Vertical Alignment is set to Top
not Centre, also possibly in Normal.dot.
Hope this helps
DeanH