Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eyal Shwartzman

Default Controling Sections and page numbering

Hello,

I'm Using Office XP.

If I insert a section break, can i define diffrent header/footer for each
section?

For example, I need that the first 8 pages at my document will have no page
numbering, and 9th page will start from 1.

I tried to that with insert section break, but when I deleted the page
number from sectino 1, it disappeared also from section 2.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
.. You need to insert a next-page section break between the 8th
and 9th pages, turn off "same as previous" in the section 2
header and footer, and then delete the page number from the
section 1 header or footer.