Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janette Janette is offline

Default Saving Styles

I was reading up on Styles and came across a paragraph in a book written by
Que. If someone can explain this to me - here is the Que's paragraph:

If you plan to resue custom styles, store them in their own templates, not
in individual documents or in the Normal document template.

I understand about stoing the style(s) under the template (normal.dot) or
in an individual document, but what does it mean when it states: "in their
own template". Any help would be apprecitated.
--
Janette
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

In short, the correct place to save firm wide styles is in a separate
template such as styles.dot - not Normal.dot which is every user's personal
scratch pad.

www.docsliveonline.com