Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BaseballMom

Default How do I change my text window color?

I want my window to be a softer color rather than the bright white so it will
be easier on my eyes. I know there's a way to do this, but I can't figure it
out. I know how to change the colors for other things but not the text
window. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

Click TOOLS on the menu and select OPTION. Click the GENERAL tab and there's
a check box that changes the color of the screen to a blue background w/white
text, like the old DOS WordPerfect screen.
--
Kevin Backmann

"BaseballMom" wrote:

I want my window to be a softer color rather than the bright white so it will
be easier on my eyes. I know there's a way to do this, but I can't figure it
out. I know how to change the colors for other things but not the text
window. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BaseballMom

I saw that, but I want to change it to a different color (a light green). I
have a co-worker whose is this color, but we can't figure out how it got that
way. Any other suggestions?

"BaseballMom" wrote:

I want my window to be a softer color rather than the bright white so it will
be easier on my eyes. I know there's a way to do this, but I can't figure it
out. I know how to change the colors for other things but not the text
window. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

This is a Windows setting, not a Word setting. Right-click a blank area of
the desktop and click Properties, then the Appearance tab in the dialog.
Click the "Window Text" area in the preview (or choose Window in the Item
dropdown), and then use the Color dropdown to choose the color you want.
This will affect the "paper" color in Word, and the window background color
in all other Windows programs that have an editing area.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman