Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ross_123 Ross_123 is offline

Default How to control Word to open files in Draft layout and Document Map

I can't find how to control this. Sometimes for a long period all documents
open in Draft mode which is what I want but sometimes they open in other
layout modes and I have to constantly switch to Draft layout mode. Also the
same happens with the Document Map view that appear on the left side. I used
to have all documents open with that Document Map view but currently for
about a month all documents open with Thumbnails view and I have to always
switch to Document Map view every time.