Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mela mela is offline

Default Word 2003: Possible to Use both Forms and Tracked Changes Protect

I've not been able to figure out a way to protect a document so that one
section is protected for filling in forms only, and another section is
protected in tracked changes mode. I want to create better contract
templates for use by our sales teams (thus the forms protection - they can
only fill in the gray fields and not alter other sections of the template),
while allowing our clients to made modifications to the terms in the
subsequent pages. I find Word protection features very limited. Hopefully
it's better in 2007. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A document can only have one type of protection, I'm afraid.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP