Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
anne anne is offline

Default Word adds blank page when "different odd and even" selected.

Hi All,

I have a 8 page document set up as a book fold. The pages are setup as
follows:

1/8 = Cover page (+section break)
2/8 = Inside Cover (+section break)
3/8 = Table of Contents (+section break)
4/8 = Chapter 1 start (+Page Break)
5/8 = Chapter 2 start (+Page Break)
6/8 = Chapter 3 start (+Page Break)
7/8 = Chapter 4 start (+section break)
8/8 = Back Cover

When I try to change the page setup of Chapter 1 and tick "Different odd and
even" for the page headers and footers all of the sudden word puts in an
extra blank page which can only be seen in print preview. The status bar now
reads 1/9 instead of 1/8.

This has been driving me bonkers. How do I fix this?

Anne.