SToon63

Default ZIP with decimal added

I read a similar post on this after doing a search, but admit the answer
wasn't clear. The problem: when I do a mail merge into Word from an Excel
file, the ZIP field imports with a decimal place and zero afterward (ie:
77449.0).

The previous answer from Graham Mayor was this:

"You cannot alter the inserted field zip. You must toggle the field to
{Mergefield Zip} before adding the switch, then F9 to update - see
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm"

I don't know what "toggle the field" means or how you get to "{mergefield
Zip}. What is a "switch"? I did go to the suggested webpage and was still
confused. I succeeded in adding the "view field codes" button to my toolbar,
but don't know how to use it. Also, I saw nothing on the webpage regarding
the decimal problem.

Sorry for my ignorance of directions that are probably clear to most, but I
could use your additional help. Thanks.

Doug Robbins

Either the Toggle fields item in ToolsOptionsView, or Alt+F9

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"SToon63" wrote in message
[...]

Graham Mayor

Either use the method suggested by Doug, or right click the field and choose
toggle from the options. This will display something like
{Mergefield Zip}
Where Zip is the name of your field.
Change that to read
{Mergefield Zip \# "00000" }