Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lapine49 Lapine49 is offline

Default Looking for a shortcut for Paste Special Unformatted Text

I find that about 50% of the time when I am pasting copied text I have to use
"Paste Special - Unformatted Text" because the source text does not match
the font or color of the target document. I'm guessing that this is a
common problem.

Is there a way to assign a shortcut to "Paste Special Unformatted Text"
similar to how a straight "Paste" can be done with a Ctrl V?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Lapine49,
There is none I think. You can off course make a macro and assign a keyboard
shortcut to it.
Here is the macro, curtesy of Graham Mayor.

Sub PasteUnfText()
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End Sub

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
I find that about 50% of the time when I am pasting copied text I have to
use
"Paste Special - Unformatted Text" because the source text does not match
the font or color of the target document. I'm guessing that this is a
common problem.

Is there a way to assign a shortcut to "Paste Special Unformatted Text"
similar to how a straight "Paste" can be done with a Ctrl V?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You missed out the error trapping?

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo Oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
Oops:
Beep