Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kwdight kwdight is offline

Default formating headings in Word 2007

When trying to write a reurn address in my letter, I have found that
regardless of how I have the spacing set (mine is set to single space) the
lines between the name, street address, city/state, etc seemed to be double
spaced. If I type full sentences and the line wraps it is then single spaced.
Any suggestions of how to recitify this problem will be greatly appreciated.
I did notice that when I brought in a "Template" the formatting seemed fine.
--
Kenneth Dight
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check the space after/before paragraph formatting parameters for the style
used for the address. Set to 0
Single or double spacing are parameters associated with lines *within* a
paragraph.

kwdight wrote:
When trying to write a reurn address in my letter, I have found that
regardless of how I have the spacing set (mine is set to single
space) the lines between the name, street address, city/state, etc
seemed to be double spaced. If I type full sentences and the line
wraps it is then single spaced. Any suggestions of how to recitify
this problem will be greatly appreciated. I did notice that when I
brought in a "Template" the formatting seemed fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Use a line break (Shift+Enter) between lines instead of a paragraph break.
As Graham points out, the default paragraph spacing in Word 2007 is 1.15
lines, but there is 10 pts Space After, which gives the appearance of double
spacing if every line is a separate paragraph.

"kwdight" wrote in message
When trying to write a reurn address in my letter, I have found that
regardless of how I have the spacing set (mine is set to single space) the
lines between the name, street address, city/state, etc seemed to be
double
spaced. If I type full sentences and the line wraps it is then single
spaced.
Any suggestions of how to recitify this problem will be greatly
appreciated.
I did notice that when I brought in a "Template" the formatting seemed
fine.
--
Kenneth Dight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, you can. You need to modify the Document Defaults. Read
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...perations.aspx,
especially the section about halfway down with the title "Document
Defaults".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman