Dennis

Default Getting email addresses out of a word document

Can anyone help me with getting email addresses out of a word document?

I just need to get the email addresses into Outlook, don't need names or
anything, just the email addresses
Word Heretic

G'day Dennis ,

Find and replace can be your friend here

[A-Za-z0-9_.-]@\@[A-Za-z0-9_-]@.[A-Za-z0-9_-]@*

will find simple email addresses, you may have to add to each cluster
to get the effect you want. If your email addy's include a single
space anywhere, this method will fail miserably.

In chunks:

[A-Za-z0-9_.-]@

any number of characters (the trailing @) from set of legal characters
(between the sqaure brackets) A-Z, a-z, the numbers 0 through 9, and a
few special characters. The period is used in this first section but
not the others because we explicitly test for a period's presence in
the domain name part of the address. This is the Mailbox id.

\@

The \ denotes a literal, so we are looking for the @ symbol itself.

[A-Za-z0-9_-]@.[A-Za-z0-9_-]*

followed by something.something and whatever else (*) until the end of
the word ().

So a simple piece of VBA to find each one of them, read the range.text
and do whatever with it. Now, I am not familiar with writing to the
outlook contacts, so that would be best asked on an Outlook news
group, and you can read the back issues of the free newsletter from
www.editorium.com to achieve the necc code skeletons for a nice find
and replace routine amongst other things.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Dennis reckoned: