Graham Mayor

Default Default Browser?

Make sure it is set from Windows Control Panel Internet Options.

BVIPrincess wrote:
I use GreenBrowser as have set it as the default browser (via the
GreenBrowser interface). However, whenever I click on an Internet
hyperlink from within Word 2003, it opens in Internet Explorer. Does
anyone know what I need to do to globally set GreenBrowser as the
default browser, no matter which application (including and
especially Word 2003) initiates browser launch?

Thanks much

Ken McLennan

G'day there Graham,

I find this annoying also. I use FireFox, but clicking a link from
in Word uses only IE. The Web Options dialogue in Tools | Options |
General only gives choices of which version of IE to use.

Make sure it is set from Windows Control Panel Internet Options.

In Win XP there is no option to set the Browser. It assumes you're
using IE. Under the "Programs" tab you can set the HTML Editor; Email;
Newsgroups; Internet Call; Calendar; Contact List.

Nothing refers to any options for a different browser. Searching
Help found exactly nought.

See ya
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia
Gordon

Ken McLennan wrote:
G'day there Graham,

I find this annoying also. I use FireFox, but clicking a link from
in Word uses only IE. The Web Options dialogue in Tools | Options |
General only gives choices of which version of IE to use.

Make sure it is set from Windows Control Panel Internet Options.

In Win XP there is no option to set the Browser. It assumes you're
using IE. Under the "Programs" tab you can set the HTML Editor; Email;
Newsgroups; Internet Call; Calendar; Contact List.

Nothing refers to any options for a different browser. Searching
Help found exactly nought.

See ya
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia

Interesting - I use Firefox and when I click a link in a Word document,
it opens.......Firefox!

I DID have problems with this at one time (although not Word, it was
another app) and found this little app VERY useful.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

This allows you to set the Default browser per user and it solved my problem

HTH

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and
BVIPrincess

Thanks for the tip Gordon; however, when I double-clicked the file Default
Browser.exe after unzipping, I got this error "component 'comdlg32.ocx' or
one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or
invalid." Any suggestions?

"Gordon" wrote in message
Ken McLennan wrote:
[...]

Gordon

BVIPrincess wrote:
Thanks for the tip Gordon; however, when I double-clicked the file Default
Browser.exe after unzipping, I got this error "component 'comdlg32.ocx'

Courtesy of Ramesh MVP:
try this: This link has the comdlg32.ocx library and the instructions:
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new...e=COMDLG32.OCX

I had the same problem and the instructions in the link work.

HTH

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

Check the components of the BMX bike, such as the brakes, tires, drivetrain, and handlebars. Look for durable and reliable parts that can withstand the rigors of your chosen riding style. check my source

Default font - possible bulletproof fix in Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 January 14th 05 09:14 PM
No Default Printer Jeff W Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 01:59 PM
Default Font Lloyd Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 04 03:42 PM
Autoformat table doesn't format font's after changing default font B?atrice Karjalainen Tables 2 December 4th 04 02:58 PM
How do you change the default picture insert to lock anchor? Clark Griffiths Page Layout 1 November 30th 04 10:45 AM