Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Andrea is offline

Default What happened to the letter wizard in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The agenda wizard, envelope wizard, fax wizard, letter wizard, memo
wizard, pleading wizard, and résumé wizard features were removed from
Word 2007. If you have a previous version of Word, you might try
installing the desired feature from the previous version, but no
guarantee that it will work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It doesn't appear to Word. Word 2007 doesn't recognize the format. In any
case it was a dreadful feature. Much better to create your own templates.
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm will help with the
presentation and http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm the automation.
Envelope templates you can download from my web site.

garfield-n-odie [MVP] wrote:
The agenda wizard, envelope wizard, fax wizard, letter wizard, memo
wizard, pleading wizard, and résumé wizard features were removed from
Word 2007. If you have a previous version of Word, you might try
installing the desired feature from the previous version, but no
guarantee that it will work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Andrea is offline

Thank you. I will try this. I miss the ability to import the contact
information from Outlook. It made typing letters very easy. Andrea

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

The agenda wizard, envelope wizard, fax wizard, letter wizard, memo
wizard, pleading wizard, and résumé wizard features were removed from
Word 2007. If you have a previous version of Word, you might try
installing the desired feature from the previous version, but no
guarantee that it will work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Andrea is offline

Thank you. I agree, the format was terrible, but I liked having the ability
to automatically import the contact information from Outlook.

garfield-n-odie [MVP] wrote:
The agenda wizard, envelope wizard, fax wizard, letter wizard, memo
wizard, pleading wizard, and résumé wizard features were removed from
Word 2007. If you have a previous version of Word, you might try
installing the desired feature from the previous version, but no
guarantee that it will work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DonVicente DonVicente is offline

Graham:
Thanks for your good help. I would just like to make a suggetion to
Microsoft that they re-instate the "Letter Wizard" -- perhaps with some
improvements, as you have indicated. I find it amazing that on an "improved"
version of Word we have to cobble together a way to replace a useful
template. How would I phrase or forward this posting so that it would go to
Microsoft as a suggestion?
Thank you for volunteering and helping us!
--
DonVicente