Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MailMerge labels

Default making lables-step Arrange your labels--where do you go?

I have Microsoft XP--Microsoft Office Basic Edition--Microsoft Office Word
and Excel 2003. I am trying to make mailing labels. I have entered my mailing
label information into Excel in the format: FirstName LastName Address
City State Zip and saved it. I then go to Word
2003--Tools--MailMerg--labels(NEXT); STEP 2: Change document
layout--Label Options--8160-Address(my sheet labels Avery
number)--OK(NEXT); STEP 3: Browse--My Documents--The file in
Excel--Open--Sheet1$--OK--MailMerg Recipients--OK(NEXT); STEP 4: (HELP)
I have a screen that is:

Next Records Next Records

Records Next Records Next Records

Records Next Records Next Records

Records Next Records Next Records

Records Next Records Next Records

It says: If you have not already done so, lay out your label using the first
label on the sheet. (WHERE IS THE FIRST LABEL ON THE SHEET?) It then says:
To add recipient information to your label, click a location in the first
label (WHERE IS THIS?), and then click one of the Items below: Address Block
Greeting
Line

Electronic Postage
Postal
Bar Code
More tems

When I click the top Records (second down from upper left) and highlight it
in light black and then click Address Block, I get insert Address elements.
When I unclick Insert company name and click Never include the
Country/region in the address, I get the proper label form that I want: Mr.
Joshua Randall Jr.
1 Airport Way
Kitty Hawk, NC 27700

When I click OK, I get Next(persons name)
(street address)
(town, state, zip code)cord
This is highlighted in light black and is the first address on my list in
Excel. It seems like everything I've tried from there on out doesn't get me
to where I want to go, Once I stumbled on the right combination and printed
the list out, but I've never been able to duplicate it (I know some magic
steps work). WHERE AM I GOING WRONG?????

Max
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm
also, don't use the addressblock field, use the individual fields that you
require.
You may also not be displaying Table gridlines, which explains why you
cannot see the table of which the first cell is top left. Note that you may
not see Next Record unless you propagate the labels.
If you are seeing
Next(persons name)
(street address)
(town, state, zipcode)cord
you have inserted a field in the middle of a next record field?

You cannot use barcodes on labels unless the labels are large enough to
accommodate them.