Denis O'Donnell

Default how do I set page margin to print nearer the bottom of the page?

I am having dificulty getting text to show at the bottom of the page. It is
leaving a gap of about 23 cm between the last line and the top of the footer.
I have the bottom margin set at zero.

If I keep typing, it just throws another page.
Anyone got any ideas?
Anne Troy

Bottom margin likely shouldn't be zero, but what is your footer margin set
at?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Denis O'Donnell" Denis wrote in
message ...
I am having dificulty getting text to show at the bottom of the page. It
is
leaving a gap of about 23 cm between the last line and the top of the
footer.
I have the bottom margin set at zero.

If I keep typing, it just throws another page.
Anyone got any ideas?

Denis O''Donnell

Default how do I set page margin to print nearer the bottom of the pag

Should be 2-3cm, not 23 as last post

Thanks for response

Page margins are -
top 0cm
Bottom 0cm
left 1.5cm
right 1.5cm
Footer 0cm

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Bottom margin likely shouldn't be zero, but what is your footer margin set
at?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Denis O'Donnell" Denis wrote in
message ...
I am having dificulty getting text to show at the bottom of the page. It
is
leaving a gap of about 23 cm between the last line and the top of the
footer.
I have the bottom margin set at zero.

If I keep typing, it just throws another page.
Anyone got any ideas?

Anne Troy

Okay, Denis. I still don't see the problem, tho I'd never set my margins to
zero. So, are you SEEING this or it's just printing like this? Is there a
possibility that the paragraphs that appear at the top of the pages has some
formatting such as "keep with next" or "page break before" set on them? How
is it if you create a brand new document? Same issue? If so, check your
printer driver.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Denis O''Donnell" wrote in
message ...

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Bottom margin likely shouldn't be zero, but what is your footer margin
set
at?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Denis O'Donnell" Denis wrote in
message ...
I am having dificulty getting text to show at the bottom of the page.
It
is
leaving a gap of about 23 cm between the last line and the top of the
footer.
I have the bottom margin set at zero.

If I keep typing, it just throws another page.
Anyone got any ideas?

Denis O''Donnell

Hi Anne

It doesn't matter what I set the margins to - just that at zero, it is as
far down the page as I can get it.

I usually have them set to 1.5cm.

It isn't "keep with next" or page break before" either.

The only thing that makes a difference, is whether I have -
Page set up/Layout/Page - set to Botom - then everything goes to the bottom
and the text starts half way down the page.

Its almsot as if the set up thinks the page is shorter than it is.

The page is set to A4 and the page size is as per A4 length and width..

I actually think this is a bug, with the page set up retaining the US
"letter" size format, even when set to English A4.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Bottom margin likely shouldn't be zero, but what is your footer margin
set
at?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Denis O'Donnell" Denis wrote in
message ...
I am having dificulty getting text to show at the bottom of the page.
It
is
leaving a gap of about 23 cm between the last line and the top of the
footer.
I have the bottom margin set at zero.

If I keep typing, it just throws another page.
Anyone got any ideas?

Denis O''Donnell

I'ver fixed it!

Yopu got me thinking with is it on a new page - which it isn't - just this
template.

The termplate has a frame anchored at the bottom of the paghe that has the
compay's regsitered office details. Tghis was set with a "distance from
text" margin of 3.8cm - hence it threw a page break when you got near it.

Thansk for your help!
Must admit, I'm now curious as to why changing the page Vertical Alignment
makes a difference.
Denis

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Bottom margin likely shouldn't be zero, but what is your footer margin
set
at?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Denis O'Donnell" Denis wrote in
message ...
I am having dificulty getting text to show at the bottom of the page.
It
is
leaving a gap of about 23 cm between the last line and the top of the
footer.
I have the bottom margin set at zero.

If I keep typing, it just throws another page.
Anyone got any ideas?

Anne Troy

99.99999% of the time, page layout should be set to TOP. I'm willing to have
a look at your document. Also, you didn't say whether this happens on a new
file.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Denis O''Donnell" wrote in
message ...

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Bottom margin likely shouldn't be zero, but what is your footer margin
set
at?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Denis O'Donnell" Denis wrote in
message ...
I am having dificulty getting text to show at the bottom of the page.
It
is
leaving a gap of about 23 cm between the last line and the top of
the
footer.
I have the bottom margin set at zero.

If I keep typing, it just throws another page.
Anyone got any ideas?

Anne Troy

LOL. Cool.
Anne Troy