colettey29

Default default header

I want to set the filename/pathway as the header in all of my Word documents.
Help anyone?
jacobk

View, Header/Footer, Insert AutoText, Filename and Path ??
Or isn't this what you mean ?
JacobK.

"colettey29" wrote:

I want to set the filename/pathway as the header in all of my Word documents.
Help anyone?

colettey29

Yes, exactly, but I want to set the default so that when I open a new Word
document, the Filename and Path are automatically in the header (instead of
clicking through the steps that you listed below.) I'm not even sure if this
is possible... c

"colettey29" wrote:

I want to set the filename/pathway as the header in all of my Word documents.
Help anyone?

Charles Kenyon

Note, do _not_ replace the normal.dot template with your new template or put
a header in the normal.dot template.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"colettey29" wrote in message
Thanks much.

"colettey29" wrote:

I want to set the filename/pathway as the header in all of my Word
documents.
Help anyone?

Cururu da Montanha

how I insert the address of the archive in the baseboard of all the new
documents created?
Cururu da Montanha

how I insert the address of the archive in the baseboard of all the new
documents created?
Cururu da Montanha

how I insert the address of the archive in the baseboard of all the new
documents created?

1. View | Header and Footer.

2. Switch Between Header and Footer.

3. Insert "Filename and path" from the AutoText menu.

Do *not* do this in Normal.dot; do it in a document template. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

"Cururu da Montanha" wrote in
message ...